7 years ago I married my best friend…and we celebrated. It was a fun day.
Each year we celebrate and remember the commitment we made that day. Some years we celebrate big with a special trip or nice dinner. Some year we celebrate simply. But every year we celebrate. Every year we remember:
- Our commitment
- God’s faithfulness
- The joys
- The lows
- The fun
It’s not how you celebrate. It’s that you celebrate. The act of celebrating or remembering is a Biblical discipline that we see the Lord command the Israelites to in the Old Testament.
Every year of marriage is a good thing to celebrate…the good years…and the hard years.
I want to celebrate Bryan today and 7 things that I love about him:
1. I love his smile and his single dimple (that is often covered by facial hair)
2. I love his competitive spirit. He loves to win. He has taught me to love to win too 😉 He is not only competitive but he will fight for his family and our values.
3. I love his quiet spirit. He is wise with his words. When he speaks people listen.
4. I love his servants heart. He is quick to serve and put the needs of others first.
5. I love his generous spirit. He is quick to give his time and money to help others and to further the Kingdom.
6. I love to watch him be a dad. He is an amazing father. He plays with Ellie after he gets home no matter how tired he is.
7. I love to watch him lead worship. It is one of my greatest joys to be led in worship by him. I love his heart to help and train other worship leaders.
This past year has been one of our hardest and best. We walked through a hard season that made us stronger together. We welcomed our sweet Ellie and began the adventure of parenthood. I am honored to share life with him and can’t wait for all the next 7 years will hold.